We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our new Senior Business Operations Manager, Amelia Davis!
1. HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK AT ARPR?
Very Virtual! I had a great email welcome from the team, a backpack full of swag and goodies, and dove in head first with training!
2. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NONWORK-RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS?
- I have been to every livable continent almost twice and lived in four countries outside of the US. I’m most proud that 90% of my travels were by myself. (Not Antarctica because I’m not a penguin or a scientist.)
- I have started to sell some of my paintings! It makes my heart happy when others dig my funky creations.
3. WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG?
I can’t pick just one! Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood, Miss you by the Rolling Stones, Smooth Sailin’ by Leon Bridges, All Day and All night by the Kinks
4. WHICH TWO CELEBRITIES (DEAD OR ALIVE) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIT IN BETWEEN ON A 10-HOUR FLIGHT?
Audrey Hepburn and Catherine the Great. I think that they would have some fantastic stories and a lot to teach me. I would have said Amelia Earhart but I don’t think that she would be good luck on a long flight.
5. WHAT IS THE BEST PRACTICAL JOKE YOU’VE PULLED OR HAVE SEEN PULLED?
Unfortunately for my friends and loved ones I am almost always up to mischief and trying to scare/prank someone. I think the biggest laugh was when, while in highschool, I hid a fake mouse in the coffee container in my parent’s kitchen.. My mom was not pleased and it took me a very long time to clean up all of the coffee grounds.
6. WHO OR WHERE WOULD YOU HAUNT IF YOU WERE A GHOST?
I feel like I could make very effective use of my time by haunting the White House.
7. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS
Passionate, Adventurous, Caring
8. WHAT ARE THREE THINGS STILL LEFT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
- Swim with a Great White (while safely in a cage)
- See the Northern Lights
9. IF YOU COULD HAVE A SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? (and give us your hero name obviously)
Teleportation : Carmen Where the Hell is She?
10. FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE TECH INDUSTRY?
The comradery and the flexibility!