We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our new Senior Content Writer, Jason Axelrod!
1. HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK AT ARPR?
It was awesome! Everyone here was (and still is) super nice, friendly and welcoming. I felt like a part of the team from day 1!
2. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NONWORK-RELATED ACHIEVEMENT?
Earning a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
3. IF YOU JOINED THE CIRCUS, WHAT WOULD YOUR ACT BE?
I play guitar and bass, so probably singing and playing 90s/00s songs while doing tricks on a trampoline. I really just aspire to do the most epic rendition ever of Grammy Award-winning 1999 hit Smooth by Santana feat. Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty.
4. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE INVISIBLE FOR A DAY?
I’d sneak into the back room of a Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams location and see how they make that ice cream so darn tasty.
5. WHICH TWO CELEBRITIES (DEAD OR ALIVE) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIT IN BETWEEN ON A 10-HOUR FLIGHT?
Dr. Brian May and Neil Peart. One is Queen’s amazing guitarist and an astrophysicist, and the other was Rush’s godlike drummer who wrote all of their lyrics for 18 albums. For an all-around nerd, musician and rock music fan, spending 10 hours with them sounds like it’d be pretty awesome.
6. WHAT IS THE BEST PRACTICAL JOKE YOU’VE PULLED OR HAVE SEEN PULLED?
One of my high school friends hates even the sight of milk. So, after he pulled a prank on me in 12th grade, I put a styrofoam bowl in his locker on a Friday after school, poured some milk into it, shut the locker door, left it over the weekend and got to school early on Monday morning to see the results. Seeing him get super grossed out and beg our janitor to take care of it was well worth the awful curdled milk smell.
7. WHICH WAY DOES YOU TOILET PAPER HANG ON THE WALL – OVER OR UNDER?
Over! This shouldn’t even be a debate.
8. WHAT IS ONE TREND YOU’D LIKE TO SEE MAKE A COMEBACK?
I miss flip phones being among the best phones around. Remember how satisfying it was to hang up your phone by flipping it shut?
9. WHAT ARE THREE THINGS STILL LEFT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
- Write a book and get it published
- See a show at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado
- Live somewhere abroad for over 1 month
10. FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE TECH INDUSTRY?
I’m a big technology (and science) nerd, so I love geeking out on all the cool innovations in the technology sector and how they work. It’s also interesting to learn about (and witness firsthand) how those innovations are affecting people’s lives and how they’re changing the world.