We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our new Senior Account Director, Rob Nachbar!
1. HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK AT ARPR?
My first day of work at ARPR was also my first time ever in Atlanta so there were a lot of new things to absorb. But my overall impression was that my first day was exceptionally well organized and chock full of insights (minus the Internet being out, but you can place the blame squarely on Comcast for that one)!
2. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NONWORK-RELATED ACHIEVEMENT?
Marrying my wife Rae, though not sure she would characterize it as an ‘achievement’, however, I certainly do.
3. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE INVISIBLE FOR A DAY?
Nothing good I’m afraid.
4. CHOOSE/CREATE A MOVIE TITLE THAT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR LIFE.
David Foster Wallace’s classic essay entitled “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again” seems to apply.
5. WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG?
More Than Words by Extreme 😬
6. WHICH TWO CELEBRITIES (DEAD OR ALIVE) WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIT IN BETWEEN ON A 10-HOUR FLIGHT?
Sitting between two dead people, celebrities or otherwise, on a 10-hour flight sure doesn’t sound fun so I’ll go with my two personal living heroes, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
7. THOUGHTS ON HOT SAUCE?
Yes, I think about it a lot. On just about everything.
8. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE?
People who whistle while they work. Or really, anytime.
9. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS
Curious, Contemplative, Creative
10. WHAT ARE THREE THINGS STILL LEFT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
- Going to see Ohio State play in the College Football Championship. Clearly, that’s not happening in 2020.
- Finish restoring a 31 foot 1964 Airstream that we bought a year and a half ago and taking the kids on an extended trip across Oregon’s state parks.
- Read Robert Caro’s The Power Broker. It’s a monster of a book and it’s been sitting on my nightstand for more than two years now.
11. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILDHOOD NICKNAME?
Snackbar or Snacky — still my nickname among many of my friends!
12. FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE TECH INDUSTRY?
The rate of change is constant so there’s never a chance for an ADD-addled person like me to get bored. Also, I enjoy the challenge of finding creative ways to translate complex enterprise technologies into compelling stories.
13. IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE THREE APPS ON YOUR PHONE, WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
- Google Maps