In 2017, podcast ad revenue grew to $220M, up from $69M in 2015. According to new research, 48 million Americans report listening to podcasts weekly, with dedicated listeners spending upwards of 5 hours and 7 minutes listening to podcasts per week. If you’re anything like me, you probably tune into your favorite podcasts during your daily commute to and from the office.
And while podcast listenership as a whole is up, many of these listeners include healthcare professionals. In fact, there are hundreds of health IT-related podcasts – and more are being added every month, like Putting Possibility into Practice which launched in March. So, whether you’re looking to land ink for your company or just truly interested in the latest trends in the intersection of healthcare and technology, podcasts can be a great way to do both. And while there is an abundance of health IT podcasts out there, I’ve outlined a few of my favorites that I suggest you subscribe to today.
- The Doctor Weighs In – This popular blog turned online website also has a podcast hosted by Pat Salber, a physician executive, and serial entrepreneur. Topics cover all things health and healthcare innovation and are designed to truly make a difference in people’s lives.
- Red Hot Healthcare – Founded by Dr. Steve Ambrose, a chiropractor who turned his passion for healthcare into a fun side-hustle, this podcast features top healthcare influencers and senior level leaders who discuss everything from healthcare consumerism to physician burnout.
- Get Social Health – A health IT podcast with a social media spin, Get Social Health is a podcast about social media and how it’s being used to help hospitals, medical practices, healthcare practitioners and patients connect and engage via social media. Guests share their backgrounds and business experience along with their social media expertise to educate listeners.
- This Just In – Hosted by HIT advisor Justin Barnes, this 30-minute program sheds light on the latest trends, strategy, and innovations impacting healthcare, technology, and entrepreneurism in America.
- What the Health? – Joined by some of the top health policy reporters from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Politico and more, Julie Rovner, chief Washington correspondent for Kaiser Health News, discusses the latest news and trends in health in this weekly podcast.
- Putting Possibility into Practice – This new podcast released by Greenway Health focuses on helping healthcare professionals transform their practice and expand possibilities in care. Featuring healthcare influencers and experts, topics aim to assist providers in delivering high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Digital Health Today – Featuring innovators, leaders, and pioneers reshaping health and wellness, this podcast features guests from all around the world and invites them to share their insights, experiences and knowledge from the front lines of health tech innovation.
- The #HCBiz Show – Co-hosted by industry experts Don Lee and Shahid Shah, #HCBiz is described as a practical podcast focused on the business of healthcare. Each topic aims to help listeners understand the complex dynamics of the healthcare business and how to impede change.
- Healthcare de Jure – This podcast serves up the hottest healthcare issues of the day from a legal point of view. From public policies and federal initiatives to privacy and security, Healthcare de Jure guests discuss the latest trends and issues facing hospitals, physicians, vendors, and patients today.
- Relentless Health Value – Since 2014, Stacey Richter, a dynamic healthcare entrepreneur and innovator, has invited her clients and colleagues to join her podcast and discuss the latest trends in healthcare and how to achieve the triple aim of improving population health and patient experiences.
As a top health IT PR firm, we work closely with these outlets to not only expand our knowledge and stay on top of the latest health IT trends, but to also propel our client’s brand awareness and valuation. Learn more about how we help our health IT brands land press (including in podcasts) here. Or, check out our video discussing some of the latest marketing trends in health IT.