ARPR is not your average PR agency. Based in Atlanta and with an office in New Orleans, we service prolific technology companies at the cutting Edge of their industries through a unique approach to client service that tightly integrates traditional PR tactics with modern marketing disciplines, such as influencer marketing, social media advertising, content marketing, lead generation, SEO and more. Because of this approach, many of our clients might say that we bring an Edge to everything we do.
At ARPR, we’ve built a reputation for truly pushing the limits of what a PR firm can achieve. We’re newsmakers. We’re content developers. We’re social media experts. We’re headline writers. And most importantly, we consistently deliver invaluable results for our clients. Because of this success and continuing growth, our Army of Awesome is currently seeking a paid intern to join our competitive Edge internship program.
WHY TAKE A CHANCE AT THE EDGE?
Joining Edge offers unique opportunities designed to provide aspiring PR pros with experiences that are reflective of what a career in PR entails. Due to our agency’s commitment to “learning never ceases,” Edgies have access to all employees, from junior level team members to the senior leadership team, and even the company founder and CEO. As such, you’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from seasoned professionals spanning both traditional and digital aspects of modern PR. In addition, Edgies receive hands-on experience working with clients throughout our four practice groups, providing unprecedented visibility into how an award-winning tech PR agency operates.
Bottom line, Edgies are an integral part of us – the ARPR Army of Awesome – getting their feet wet with media relations, social media, content and digital marketing, client service, reporting, analytics, and so much more. Better yet, Edgies are considered a practice run for future account coordinator roles — just ask the folks we’ve promoted in the past!
YOU MIGHT BE AN EDGIE IF YOU…
- Are dependable, super adaptable, have a great attitude and are an all-around team player.
- Are confident in what you know, yet excited to learn, baby, learn every single day.
- Are passionately curious about everything, especially in how to build your career.
- Are a research hound and an avid problem-solver (Edgies enjoy finding solutions to challenges and coming up with ways to break existing processes for the better).
- Have a knack for serving and supporting others — i.e., you want the best for everybody.
- Have the ability to multi-task, balancing competing priorities while ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Are not timid about communicating with superiors and teammates early and often.
- #DreamBig: Love taking on new challenges, aren’t scared of trying new things, and seek to grow (and advance) quickly.
- Excel at taking feedback and thrive on implementing what you learn.
- Have a background in PR, communications, marketing, journalism or related field (previous agency internship experience is a plus!)
- Are an aspiring perfectionist with acute attention to detail.
- Have experience with short-form and/or long-form writing and familiarity using Microsoft Office, G-Suite and social media platforms.
- Bonus: Have prior experience with Muck Rack, WordPress, Sprout Social, Google Analytics and/or HubSpot.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- You’ll get to learn the ins and outs of the news cycle through daily headline reading and reporting, while also keeping our client’s media trackers up-to-date. After all, creating connections between clients and trending news stories is an essential skill that every PR pro needs to master.
- You’ll help compile reports for clients using your critical thinking, research and data interpretation skills. You’ll learn a lot about digital marketing ROI along the way, we promise!
- Our interns are viewed as an integral part of our client teams, so you’ll have the opportunity to join client calls, giving you direct insights into day-to-day account management. Trust me, you can’t get hands-on experience from many other agencies and you certainly don’t learn about it in school.
- You’ll get to support clients behind-the-scenes by researching reporters and developing media lists, reviewing data, drafting content and more. Plus, we want you to develop strong media relations skills, so we’ll provide you with an opportunity to develop creative pitch topics and story ideas that resonate.
- Social media is crucial to our clients’ bottom line. Therefore, you’ll have the opportunity to not only draft social media content, but to also report on interesting social trends.
- You’ll take on more and more responsibilities that meet your interests and bring value to the agency as you grow with us – so be ready to take on new and exciting challenges!
- You’ll have a chance to showcase what you learned and your creativity through a graduation project.
PERKS OF THE JOB
ARPR was founded specifically to be a different kind of agency: one that focuses on client & employee happiness and professional development. Our culture is rooted in the motto “Believe the best IN each other. Want the best FOR each other. Expect the best FROM each other.”
Careers Application : Edge
At the end of our six-month program, Edgies will have learned:
- Time and project management
- Organization and resourcefulness
- The keys to client service
- The ins and outs of effective media relations and social media
- How to develop killer content that tells clients stories creatively
- The basics of analytics and results measurement
- And much, much more!