We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our newest Account Director, Alex Fencl!
My first day was great – everyone made me feel welcome from the moment I walked through the door, and my account team provided a thorough overview of client work, roles and responsibilities to help me get my footing.
2. What song best describes your work ethic?
“Blitzkrieg Bop” by the Ramones, specifically for these lyrics: “Hey! Ho! Let’s go! / Hey! Ho! Let’s go!”
3. Describe your ultimate sandwich?
Crusty French baguette, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, basil, balsamic, salt, pepper. Boom- done!
4. Which two celebrities (dead or alive) would you pick to be your parents?
David Bowie because he is one of my forever favorites, and the Mom from Nickelodeon’s “Adventures of Pete & Pete.”
5. What is your biggest non-work related achievement?
Becoming a Dad.
Honorable mention- backpacking throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Oceania and North Africa. Antarctica – you’re next (hopefully)!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Poor table manners.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Eclectic, dedicated, thoughtful.
8. Your life would be meaningless without…
My family, close friends, vinyl collection and book collection.
9. Favorite board game?
Probably Scrabble. I like Chess as well.
10. Where did you grow up?
Rocky River, Ohio, a west side suburb of Cleveland. Even though I moved away a decade ago, I maintain close ties to Greater Cleveland and love it to death.
11. Favorite thing about the tech industry…
It’s rapidly evolving every moment of every day. Working in tech PR is gratifying because of the constant evolution of the industry as a whole. There are always new stories to tell and new ways to position companies into the channels that matter most to their buying decision-makers.
12. If you could bring one piece of technology to a remote island, which would it be?
This is a multiple of one technology, but I would bring the many cheap MP3 players that I own. I have too much music, wouldn’t want to deplete the battery on my cellphone by streaming and I have to have tunes or else I will implode. I still believe that the humble MP3 player has its place in the world – especially for its durability and better sound quality!
13. If you were a Star Wars character, which would you be?
I’m personally more of a Star Trek fan, so if I had to choose a character from that franchise I’d go with Jean Luc Picard. If I had to choose Star Wars, I would choose C3PO because his quips are hysterical!
14. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Almond milk, tofu, chicken, leafy green veggies, scallions, Fage plain Greek yogurt, blueberries, Kalamata olives, eggs and milk for my son (he’s s a milk fiend)!
15. How would you explain what the Internet is to your 5-year old nephew in one sentence?
It’s like the network of roots that you see when you pick a flower, except with the internet, we communicate through a digital root system with anyone on the planet instantaneously.