We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our newest Account Manager, Chris Shattuck!
1. How was your first day of work at ARPR?
It was great! I was excited to jump in with both feet and pleased to find everyone was very hospitable and happy to help me ease into my new role.
2. What song best describes your work ethic?
HandClap — Fitz and the Tantrums
3. Describe your ultimate sandwich?
The Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich from Fred’s Meats & Bread at Krog St. Market. Fresh grilled ribeye sliced super thin with a little onion and melted American cheese on top? Yes, please.
4. Which two celebrities (dead or alive) would you pick to be your parents
Matthew McConaughey & Angelina Jolie. They just seem like such nice, genuine people!
5. What is your biggest non-work related achievement?
Graduating college debt free.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve — and something that I will inevitably bring up when I encounter it — is when people are rude to those in the service industry. As someone who worked at a restaurant for nearly two years in college, it’s never OK to yell, snap your fingers or otherwise demean your waiter or waitress, even if their service leaves something to be desired.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Passionate, Steadfast, Gregarious.
8. Your life would be meaningless without…
The people who choose to be in my life. Plus my dog (who’s people too, as far as I’m concerned).
9. Favorite board game?
Settlers of Catan with the 6-player expansion pack. Longest road, here I come!
10. Where did you grow up?
11. Favorite thing about the tech industry…
Technology defines societies, and how people use the technology of their day is what becomes history. The tech industry is an exciting field because you might have the opportunity to work on something that could change the world.
12. If you could bring one piece of technology to a remote island, which would it be?
I’d bring my iPhone. What other all-in-one device, which fits in my pocket, could I use to listen to music, take photos, stream movies and more?
13. If you were a Star Wars character, which would you be?
Obi-Wan. If you ever see me at DragonCon, you’ll know why. Obi-Wan personifies the old Jedi order. He is a man of wisdom, integrity and strength that struggles to live up to his ideals.
14. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Something from Trader Joe’s, a six-pack from a local craft brewery (probably Monday Night) and a gallon of milk, always.
15. How would you explain what the Internet is to your 5-year-old nephew in one sentence?
The Internet is a vast collection of millions of computers that are all connected together. These computers are constantly talking to each other, and the network they form lets us share data instantly to anywhere in the world.