We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our new Junior Account Coordinator, Alexis Pastrana!
1. How was your first day of work at ARPR?
I had two first days with ARPR, one as an intern and another in my new role as a Junior Account Coordinator. Both first days were whirlwinds filled with meetings, learning and a very friendly and helpful team.
2. What song best describes your work ethic?
“I Can Go the Distance” by Michael Bolton – yes, the Hercules song. I’m fresh in my professional career and ready to learn and go the distance.
3. Describe your ultimate sandwich?
Nothing beats a simple finger sandwich. It’s amazing how many of them you can eat!
4. Which two celebrities (dead or alive) would you pick to be your parents?
Beyoncé and Jay-Z because if she’s the queen then I would be the princess. I’ve always been envious of Blue Ivy.
5. What is your biggest non-work related achievement?
Getting to be an extra in Pitch Perfect 2. It was such a fun experience and if you pause the movie just right you get to see my face!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Negativity. Even when things are hard I like to remain positive because a negative attitude can make a bad situation worse.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Goofy, caring and adventurous.
8. Your life would be meaningless without…
My family, friends and pup. They are my rock.
9. Favorite board game?
The Game of Life!
10. Where did you grow up?
The Westbank (locally known as the Bestbank) of New Orleans, Louisiana.
11. Favorite thing about the tech industry…
There’s always something new to help make our lives easier.
12. If you could bring one piece of technology to a remote island, which would it be?
I would either bring my phone so that I could let my mom know I’m safe or a Kindle to catch up on my reading.
13. If you were a Star Wars character, which would you be?
I’m going to be honest – I’ve never watched Star Wars…but I think Princess Leia is pretty cool!
14. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Fruit, lemonade, eggs, ketchup and some type of leftover pasta.
15. How would you explain what the Internet is to your 5-year old nephew in one sentence?
It’s the world at your fingertips! It’s a source of communication, a resource for learning and so much more.