We love each other. No really, we do. We think you should love us, too. Today we are continuing our series that lets you get to know our Army of Awesome. Meet our new Digital Marketing Manager, Patrick Taylor!
1. How was your first day of work at ARPR?
My first day was filled with meetings, loads of new information, and lots of friendly introductions to the ARPR team. It flew by, just like every day here so far!
2. What song best describes your work ethic?
“Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” – Cage the Elephant.
3. Describe your ultimate sandwich?
My ultimate sandwich would have to be a chicken parm – crispy chicken, loads of parmesan and marinara with a slight kick – all on a toasted Italian roll.
4. Which two celebrities (dead or alive) would you pick to be your parents?
Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively for their sense of humor.
5. What is your biggest non-work related achievement?
Winning the Arizona High School Tennis State Championship – twice.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Talking too much and not allowing others to have a voice in a conversation. For me, a conversation is a two-way game involving active listening.
7. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Curious, empathetic, focused.
8. Your life would be meaningless without…
My girlfriend Abbie and my dog Callie. They always know how to make me smile.
9. Favorite board game?
10. Where did you grow up?
11. Favorite thing about the tech industry…
Technology is something that we use every day and continues to shape our lives. By working in tech I feel like I’m making a significant impact on the future of how we live day-to-day.
12. If you could bring one piece of technology to a remote island, which would it be?
Honestly, a remote island sounds like the perfect place to abandon technology for a little to disconnect. I would bring an iPhone though for when I wanted to be rescued off the island.
13. If you were a Star Wars character, which would you be?
R2-D2 for my resourcefulness.
14. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Beer, prosecco/sparkling wines, berries, coffee concentrate, yogurt, eggs, and coconut LaCroix (referred to as the sunscreen flavor by non-sophisticated palates).
15. How would you explain what the Internet is to your 5-year old nephew in one sentence?
The internet is a resource you can use to find out anything you need to know and communicate with whomever you’d like to get in touch with. I would also give the advice to not trust everything you read online and be careful with whom you communicate though.